When I was pregnant with Emmie, I had no idea what to expect when it came to Breastfeeding. I was worried about a lot of things. I just wanted to give her the best, and the same goes for Cami. Taking a class about nursing somehow wasn’t the same until you’ve experienced it first hand. It was a lot of work, and a lot of time dedicated to providing for your child.
One year! If I can do this again, that was the goal for Cami. It was a struggle with Emmie, but I did it, surely I can do it again. When Cami was born, she was so tiny, but she latched like a natural and nursed all day. This time, I had to work harder to keep up with her feeding schedule. She had to take extra feeding to keep her weight up! That means pumping more and introducing the bottle early.
I’ve gathered my top ten products I needed to support this journey of motherhood.
- Nursing Cover, https://amzn.to/2mbXZWs – You may use it a few different ways. I like how it wraps around your whole body covering yourself even when baby decides to pull and tug on it.
- Nursing Bra, https://www.target.com/p/maternity-seamless-nursing-bra-isabel-maternity-153-by-ingrid-isabel-174/-/A-52304471?preselect=52248780#lnk=sametab – This will become your new best friend: not the most flattering, but the comfiest and convenient way to nurse your baby.
- Nursing Pads, https://amzn.to/2kzKJu5 – Mama, You. Are. Going. To. Leak. Lol. This brand is by far the best protection you can get!
- Lansinoh Milk Storage Bag, https://amzn.to/2kEoYJM – Great for storing and organizing extra milk.
- Nature Bond Silicone Manual Pump, https://amzn.to/2mBOqAf – The easiest way to store extra milk. Place this on the other side of your breast while nursing. It’ll catch all your “let down phases”. I wish they had this when I was pregnant with Emmie.
- Lansinoh Nipple Cream, https://amzn.to/2m769PO – Luckily, I didn’t need to use this too often. Some mothers tend to get cracked or chap nipples while nursing. It’s good to have this in your bag just in case.
- Lansinoh 3-1 Therapy Packs (Hot & Cold), https://amzn.to/2l5NIKW – For days when you’re engorged or sore, this will help you feel a bit better.
- Spectra S2 Breast Pump, https://amzn.to/2l5GSoL – Most insurance covers an electric breast pump for free, but each coverage varies. I used this to help increase, maintain, and store my supply. Only wish I paid the extra amount and got the S1, so it’s portable.
- Boppy Pillow, https://amzn.to/2ma1We2 – Great support to have when you’re nursing. This pillow can be used for tummy time (4months+) and Sitting (6month+) as baby grows older.
- Como Tomo Bottles, https://amzn.to/2meHb0H – Design closely to mimic breastfeeding. This is what we used to feed Camila the milk we stored.
To all the mamas, whatever journey you take for you and your baby, know that you are supported and fed is best!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.